Wassie Energy Drink
Elevator Pitch (inspired by the Wassie Coffee Pitch)
Energy drinks have been a cultural phenomenon for over two decades, since Redbull and Monster took the world by storm in the early 2000s. While sales have waned from their peak, they have been steadily climbing again, having grown from 11 Billion in sales in 2017 to 14 Billion in 2021 (statista.com). Many companies now offer the option to private label a batch of energy drinks which can be easily produced and shipped worldwide These could be taken to events such as NFT conventions and given out or sold, with hilarious custom branded labels demonstrating the spirit of wassies (maybe killing them?) or we could just sell them through the merch store or airdrop tokens redeemable for them to the community. If we do a good job, we could eventually develop a custom label and recipe, picked up by a major distributor and possibly make money while spreading wassie culture and marketing ourselves to a demographic that may otherwise have never been exposed to any of it. Plus they would sell well at the boutique.
Continuing the idea of consumables after Wassie Coffee, we can further infest the bodies and homes of unsuspecting Americans/Europeans/Asians with another way to poison our livers and kidneys. Every day, 17/20 people in the US consume at least one caffeinated drink, usually either coffee or energy drinks. If we produce both, we will potentially be fighting for all of that market share. 1/4 people in college mix alcohol with energy drinks, but men aged 18-24 are the biggest consumers with over 1/3 being regular drinkers. (medalerthelp.org) Coincidentally, this is also the demographic most interested in crypto. The path forward is clear.
How does your project add value to ByWassies?
Let's be honest. ByWassies doesn't have the kind of brand recognition of the bigger NFT projects despite being objectively better. This is first and foremost a marketing tool, while also allowing for community growth, creativity, and delicious energy. I want people confronted with Wassies first every time they're at an NFT convention party, and eventually whenever they enter a 7-11.
Any money made can be used to expand, become more self-sufficient in our manufacturing, or we could recycle it to the grants program, or if this thing gets huge we can refund profit to holders of the NFTs. The dream is you earn a dividend just for having a wassie.
Financials and Task Breakdown
Start-Up Cost: $2600
• Purchase of suitable domain name (wassieenergy.com): $18Basic Wordpress for website $500
• Purchase wassieenergy.eth (5 years 0.05ETH): $92
• Test orders of energy drinks from multiple distributors $1000
• $29 per month (6) subscription (basic) to Shopify: (6 months) $174
• Reshipping cases to different ByWassies admin staff $216
• Paying Wassie artists to design different labels to choose from $400? Idk what they charge
• Basic market research, blind taste testing/ranking, and creative testing: $200
Administration Costs: $14,400 +1 Honorary NFT
• 20 hours per week at $30 per hour (6 Months): $14,400.Tokenize the Sushi Wassie -_- make it legit. (pleaseee)
• Beyond month 6, if sufficient orders are in place to continue with ‘Wassie Energy’ and there is agreement from ‘bywassies’ that ‘Wassie Energy’ should continue, then additional administrative expenses and/or use of earnings may be requested/used for future administration at the rate of 10 hours per week.
Final Bulk Order- $18000-Energy Drinks and shipping of some supply to Singapore/Dubai/wherever
• $35,000 total in cost (breakdown)
$2600 at the start for initial start up costs
$2400 end of month 1 (administration)
$2400 end of month 2 (administration)
$2400 end of month 3 (administration)
o Past this point, funding is on the condition that an energy drink distributor has been selected and we are ready to go into mass production, and all start up tasks are complete. (tokenize the sushi wassie here?)$18000 Start of month 4 (bulk order)
$2400 end of month 4 (administration)
$2400 end of month 5 (administration)
$2400 end of month 6 (administration)
• Business support and financial oversight.
• 1 Wassie NFT for 1st-year anniversary giveaway (held by ‘bywassie’).
• In-house Wassie artist's support and permission to use existing assets to help create the website.
Short-term goals (first 6 months):
• Setup wassieenergy.com to supply 1-2 different Wassie-themed energy drinks online globally.
• Regular posting and engagement on Wassie Energy Twitter and Instagram accounts.
• Market ‘Wassie Energy’ by focusing on CT and the NFT community.
• Run drink giveaways on Twitter for CT engagement and in Discord for Wassie NFT holders.
• Provide complimentary cans to community members while keeping Boutique stocked.
Mid-term goals (first year)
• Make connections with a largerscale supplier to establish the feasibility of creating an ongoing custom brand that is unique to ByWassies in label as well as taste..
• Increase ‘Wassie Energy’ flavors to 4 types, including a sugar free and noncarbonated variety -Utilize community/customer feedback.
• Add Wassie-related energy drink merch to the site.
• Expand targeted marketing to the wider crypto community.
• Reach running cost-neutrality.
Long-term goals (beyond first year):
• Make Wassies the crypto energy icon! Get that shit in gas stations.
• Transition from a global to multiple regional Wassie canning facilities in order to reduce transport costs and gain more control over the process.
• Reimburse grant scheme using any profits beyond those required for the running/expansion of Wassie Coffee, possibly rebate NFT holders with profits
• Collaborate with other community members to expand the utility of the Wassie Energy brand.
• Supply energy drinks to crypto-related events.
• Take crypto payments for energy orders.
Coffee will be priced at 20% above cost to keep it competitive with other drink options while still providing a net inflow of capital that can be used for all necessary expenses.
Establish a website (wassiecoffee.com) that uses Shopify.com to provide high-quality wassie branded drink products for sale globally.