uwudude#6880, Golden Loomlock #15
To produce a real-life Wassie infestation by placing high quality, life-sized Wassie standees at the retail spaces of partner companies
Literally life-sized Wassie standees to be placed at venues of partnering companies. Huge, cute and eye-catching standees will bring attention to the By Wassies brand, as well as link directly to our websites (QR code). Target partners will be Web3 / crypto-friendly establishments, including cafes, restaurants, tech stores, e-gaming cafes, and any other retail shops that are open to the collaboration
How does your project add value to the ByWassies community?
What this grant project aims to be is simply a low-cost way of growing the project in the real world, by installing life-sized cardboard standees at real-life venues. This will be the start of the real-life Wassie infestation:
- It will capture the attention of patrons of participating venues by being very cute and eye-catching
- It will bring in ecosystem partner companies by providing a win-win collaboration with business owners
Wassie standees are a great idea for practical reasons - cheap, low fixed cost, scalable. The estimate for a single high quality, life-sized (2ft x 5.5ft) is < USD$100, and falls significantly with production quantity. We already have a team of talented artists who will be able to readily provide the graphics required.
Once the proof of concept works and a standard operating procedure is created, it is relatively easy to execute across geographical regions by Wassies residing in their respective areas. The standees will be eye-catching and informative to the masses, as the QR codes will easily bring them to our online platforms where they can learn more about the project.
To create a Wassie standee infestation in the real world, we will need to find partners who are agreeable to lending us their space. Of course, the partners will need to be incentivized, and there are some ways we can do this:
- Rent space from venue owners (cost unknown, but likely feasible)
- Make them Wassies 🙂. Give business owners Wassies from our treasury pool (we have plenty) in exchange for them allowing us to place a certain amount of time
Renting space is straightforward, but giving Wassies to business owners is waaaaaay more exciting.
Firstly, it provides financial incentives for them because well, Wassies are valuable. It will be novel and interesting to them, and makes them holders who can / might participate and bring value to our ecosystem. They get to have a valuable NFT without much cost to them (we will only take up a little of their existing space).
We can also provide real-life benefits for our dear Wassie community as well, through discounts / collaborations with said companies. And overall we will be doing our part to contribute to mainstream acceptance of crypto.
So Wassies standees aren’t just about marketing to the mainstream - it is also largely about trying to develop our partnership ecosystem in the real world, and building value for the community.
USD$20,000 + wassies as incentives for partners
- USD$14,400 total in manpower costs for 3mo (disbursed monthly pro-rata), for a full-time Wassie working on creation of standees, business development and the actual on ground execution of the project
- USD$5,600 for initial operating capital. Costs are variable and to scale as the project develops. Estimating initial target of 25 Wassie standees produced in the first 3 months (5 for prototyping and QC, 20 for partnerships, $100 cost + USD$30 logistics per) ~ $3250. Balance of $2350 for potential extra production (including for our Wassie venue). Balance will be rolled over after the initial 3 months or returned to treasury if project doesn't get continued
Financials and Task Breakdown
While this project is a relatively simple concept, there are a few key aspects to the execution:
- Developing graphics for the standees, optimizing the design to appeal to and attract the mainstream population (our artists got it down)
- Sourcing standee supplier, QC of production (relatively easy)
- Looking for potential partners and negotiating with them (manpower intensive)
- Actually buying and delivering to the venues (manpower, logistically intensive)
- Legal contracts to make sure the agreements are binding (counting on YK?)
- Making sure that venues adhere to our agreement and take care of our standees (regular checks / random checks, manpower intensive)
Overall it is a relatively low hanging fruit to achieve, but is manpower intensive and will require committed Wassies to execute.
As previously mentioned, the key benefit of this project is that it is relatively easy to execute and immensely scalable. The proof of concept will be conducted in Singapore, for a few reasons:
- I’m based in SG uwu
- Crypto-friendly environment
- Wassie office / retail space to be opening soon in SG, which will provide synergies with this project, and also storage space. Standees will be generously placed around our Wassie space ofc
Summary of the action plan as per below:
As the project is a marketing and business development exercise to spread awareness of Wassies and bring in ecosystem partners, there is no business model
- A standard for Wassie cardboard standees that can easily be reproduced by community members around the globe
- Completion of proof of concept in 3mo, which includes a group of ecosystem partner companies, and Wassie standees installed at various retail locations around Singapore
Current Project Status
Some suppliers found, as well as one potential partner company who is open to the idea
I'm a business school graduate, been in crypto since 2018, love Wassies and mintooor / hodloooor of Wassies since the Metadrop mint. In high school, I once made a life-sized cardboard standee for our form teacher as a teacher's day present uwu
Thanks for reading frens, and please do offer feedback!